CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 17, 2006

Cookies

One of the best things about a blog, I think, is the versatility. Really, the author of the blog can say almost anything. Comment on whatever's on her/his mind, pass on tidbits of information or just fill readers in on day-to-day living. The purpose of this blog is, essentially, to convey information about what's going on with upcoming releases and all the other writing-related information that readers feel the need to know. And that my publishers think I should convey. But, as anyone who knows me knows, I'd probably keep to myself. :-)

But today I don't feel like talking about books or writing, releases, contracts, edits, galleys, cover art or any of the other wonderfully exciting bits of being a writer that fill my heart and mind. No, today I want to talk about cookies.

Specifically, Pignoli Cookies. I've been making these cookies since I was first married and I've got to say, they're still one of my favorites. So, from my kitchen to yours, the recipe for Pignoli Cookies. Enjoy!


1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup plus 3tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup pine nuts

Beat the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the egg. Add the flour and mix just until blended.

Transfer the dough to a sheet of plastic wrap. Shape the dough into an 8-inch-long log. Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for 2 hours.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Cut the dough log crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices. Transfer the cookies to the baking sheets. Press the pine nuts into the tops of the cookies. Bake about 15 minutes, until lightly golden.

0 comments: